Wednesday, January 2, 2013

That's the holiday over then

Tomorrow I start back to work, and there's plenty to do as you might expect. It's not been doing itself while I've been idling.

So accordingly I had the final day of my DVD marathon session. There's still plenty of films to watch but today I've seen easily the best film that I've seen for ages and ages. An ageing Robert Mitchum starring as Raymond Chandler's ace sleuth Philip Marlowe in Farewell My Lovely.

At first I didn't think that he was going to be as good as Humphrey Go-kart and while he acts in a different way, it's hard to see how Go-kart could have improved on the role. There's an "unexpected"  twist right at the end but Yours Truly was well ahead of the pack and had this one nailed from about halfway through, but it didn't detract from the enjoyment of the film in any way.

So now it's off to bed and an early start for tomorrow. I need to get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment