Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm back ...

... at Pooh Corner for the next week or two. Cécile has gone off to see her mother who lives on an island somewhere in the Bay of Biscay and the connecting boats run once every Preston Guild. Whenever she can make it back, I'll be going back round to Ice Station Zebra.

My intention today was to put in a good day's work on the house here, such as lay another layer on the bathroom floor but having to be up at 04:00 is no use to me. I'm not as young as I was and in any case I'm a night owl, not an early bird like some people I can name.

Back here before 06:00, third thing I did was to crash out on the sofa. Second thing I did was to light the fire but the first thing was to find the cat biscuits as I had a picket line awaiting me. And he spent the morning asleep on the sofa next to me - he's really settled in here.

with not having done very much today I'm heading for an early night and hopefully I can make a decent start tomorrow. There's tons of stuff that I need to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment