Friday, March 22, 2013

I forgot to mention ...

... yesterday that there are two clinics on this particular site. One is the Clinique de St Pierre, and the other one is the Clinique Jules Bordet. I went to  the Clinique de St Pierre and when I explained why I had come, the receptionist told me that it wasn't there, but at the other Clinique. And as true as I sit here, I will swear that she said  "you want the Clinique Bordel", "bordel" being the word for a brothel, or slang for a total mess.

But anyway, enough of that. Today started with a total disaster. In fact after crashing out at some silly time like 22:30 (I had walked back from the city again), I was wide awake at 04:30 and I couldn't go back to sleep again. At least, that's what I thought, but I was well gone when the alarm went off so I had clearly managed to doze off again.

Added to that, yesterday I had written 500 words about the St Gervais plant fair for our radio programmes, only to find out that this year they have advanced the date of the fair to before the date of the programme, and so all of that went into the bin. I've ended up with 500 words on sharing your lettuce, and we aren't talking about the Bamber Gascoigne farce either, something that made him quite famous long ever before he became the presenter of University Challenge.

But with having a day effectively without any interruptions, I've done another set of additional notes for the April series of recordings, which is what I really wanted to do. When I'm back at home I'll try to remember to bring back here with me all of my magazines so I can write a few more main texts too. I'm going to be here for a while, so it seems, and I need to do as much as I can. 

I also made a trip to the shop to buy supplies to load into Caliburn for the trip home. And to my dismay, someone has knocked the wing mirror and broken all the glass. That's something else I've had to lash out on now. Strangely, Ford's here want something like £20 for the glass. ON the internet, even with express postage, it comes to 12.50. I'll just have to wait a couple of days until it arrives



No comments:

Post a Comment