Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's been snowing ...

... here in Brussels today. Yes, who said the other day that Spring has arrived?

Mind you, it didn't stick around very long but nevertheless it's freezing outside. A real winter's day again and it's driving me nuts, this incessant winter. Who said "global warming"?

So after a morning on the internet and another lap around the shops, I was halfway through this never-ending list of phone calls that is growing quicker than I can ring them, when I had another phone call. Consequently it was "down tools and off for the tram and back to the Porte de Halle", where I spent until 19:30 sitting on a chair reading Fenimore Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans, the most famous, but not necessarily the best, of the "Leatherstocking Tales" before coming back home. It's probably the first time in ages that I've really had such an amount of time to sit and read a book.

Back here through the ice and frost, I made myself a nice meal and sat down to plan the next day's work. I need to give the place a thorough cleaning as I'm having an "open day" here tomorrow evening from 17:00 until 20:00 and the place is looking like a battleground even though I've only been here a few days. I also have to nip back up the road to be there for 13;00 in between all of this so I need to put my skates on

No comments:

Post a Comment